x
Toggle Content    Register or Login  -  November 11, 2019, 7:19 pm  
Toggle Content Commercial Themes
This is an opportunity for you to preview TCD commercial themes. All themes seen here can be purchased from the store.
Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Toggle Content Navigation
Toggle Content Project Status
Support Forums » Support » Requests » How do I make one of the Video Tutorials?
Please use the forum search before making a post. Your question might have been previously answered.

How do I make one of the Video Tutorials?
Request a Theme, Module, Block, or Tutorial.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I would like to make video tutorials if possible for my Website Users. I think what you have made is rather are great. Can you please tell me Devon how do you do it?

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote

I recommend a product called Wink unless you want to shell out good money for Camtasia.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote

OK, I think I might have dropped that idea. And firstly thanks for these great tutorials. I finally have figured out how to make an anti-pixel icon. I am a having a hard time with the glass effect though, just not getting what to do.

But I have an eternal problem while using Fonts and using them to write in letters of large sizes. If you have a look at the present Header of my site you can see that the curves aren't perfectly curved. I noticed this while watching your yutorial where you mentioned about Silkscreen. So can you please tell me what is the reason for this!

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote

While you are using your font tool look at the quick tool tab beneath your file menu. You should see a box with options like none, crisp, smooth. That's font smoothing. Looks like you have it set to none. Only set it to none if you are working with an 8px font like silkscreen. Since you coincidentally said you were working with the anti-pixel icon this makes perfect sense. Smile Otherwise set it back to smooth for working with anything larger than 8px.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Hey Devon. I tried my hand at a bit of PS and made this logo in my signature. What are your views about it especially for an amateur like me? Thanks for your tutorials by the way. They have been really helpful!

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote

The contrasting colors are annoying. Never have red and blue together like that. It's an eyesore. The gray text is ok. I'd switch out the red for the same gray or white. The background is good. The font is also hard to read for the large red text. For a self proclaimed amateur it's a good start. Your color and font choices are bad that's all.

I'd go with something like this instead because it matches your site colors. Why have a banner that looks nothing like your site? Gotta match up your colors. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote

Will be trying it soon then. Thanks for the insight anyway.

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 5 Hours